Sample Complaint Letter
Ms. Marie Bobblehead
Somewhere, DC 20202
Re: Complaint of Discrimination
Dear Ms. Bobblehead:
allow this letter to serve as my complaint of discrimination against the U.S.
Army Corps of Engineers. I have
contacted your office both by phone and in person and have received no
response. Most recently, on
My complaint of discrimination includes the following:
· I am a 51 year old Asian female and I began working for United States Corps of Engineers in 1990-1991 as a Procurement Technician, GS-5. As of today, I am still in the same position.
· There are 6 Procurement Technicians with same series and title. Every one of them, including 4 Caucasian females, is a GS-7 except for me. We all have the exact same job title, and have at times performed similar work. Yet, I have remained as a GS-5.
· I requested a desk audit at the same time as a Caucasian worker for the same work; she was promoted but I was not.
· I have requested, on a continuous basis, Flexiplace/work at home. I have been denied and a Caucasian co-worker was approved but it is not clear what, if any, work she does at home.
· Management has intentionally given the Caucasian employees better work assignments in order to promote them.
· I feel that I am being discriminated based on my race and age by management because I have been treated differently than other, Caucasian, Procurement Technicians.
· Secondly, I have been treated differently than other employees in that I have received a lower rating than all of the other employees. My lowered ratings are also discriminatory in nature. This has meant that I do not receive any monetary awards.
· I have also been subject to harassment and a hostile work environment by my supervisors including Mr. Harasser, Assistant Chief of Procurement. He told me on several occasions that I should not speak to other supervisors about any problems I am having. He told me that he put my name on a list of people who were going to retire without having received my permission.
· Dr. Hostile, Chief of Procurement, told me to go find a job somewhere else. His actions were discrimination based on my age and race. Dr. Rich also said that I would be sitting her in 10 years complaining about the same thing. These discriminatory remarks and the constant and severe harassment by my supervisors have lead to a hostile work environment.
· In short, I am being subjected to disparate treatment and a hostile work environment based upon illegal factors such as my race.
Please be aware that I am being represented by counsel in the above referenced matter. After reviewing the Complaint of Discrimination, please contact my attorney so the appropriate actions can be taken.
Snider & Associates, LLC
“Justice in the Workplace”